Wednesday, May 02, 2007

save vidarbha farm widows



save vidarbha farm widows
(THIS IS TRANSLATION OF LETTER OF ONE OF WIDOWS HAS WRITTEN TO INDIAN PRIME MINISTER FOR HELP)


To,
Dr.Man Mohan Singh,
Indian Prime Minister,
New Delhi-1100011

REF-YOUR HEALING TOUCH TO VIDARBHA FARM WIDOWS MISSING

SUB-PLEASE ARRANGE TO SAVE VIDARBHA FARM WIDOWS.

Respected sir,

1. My husband shivaji betwar of kelapur in yavatmal district has killed him by hanging to tree in august last year after your announcement of package and you specially asked district collector to give healing touch farm widows of west vidarbha.
Please see this photo
He was cotton farmer and he was forced to commit suicide as local bankers bank of Maharashtra, pahapal branch has failed to give him crop loan even though he was not defaulter.
2.Then since after the his sad death,I was told by local administration that as per promise made by you ,the relief aid will be given to me as I am two small kids one age 4 and other age 7 .after the death of husband nobody is there to look after me here at my in laws place. Nobody is there to look after our land too.

3.To day local tahsildar has told me that yavatmal district collector has rejected my case as there was no crop loan against by husband name when he committed suicide. It was matter of surprised that when local bank has not given us loan and credit crunch has been reason of distress to commit suicide, I am being refused the compensation.

4.In order to avoid my kid’s starvation, I went back to mother place in Andhra Pradesh mandal besa in adilabad distt. But it has very difficult for them to feed my family to them as brother is farm labor and I was forced to returned back to husband place.
PRAYER
Dear prime minister, it has been very difficult to live in these pathetic condition where as babus in local administration has not giving any help to me, I am writing to you that after your vidarbha visit more than 1000 farm widows compensation claims have been rejected in order to show the effect of your package that suicides have declined and we are innocent victims of your administrative politics.


You are kindly requested to save my small kids and help me.

Yours sincerely,

MANGALA SHIVAJI BETWAR

No comments: